- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Ham, diced in cubes
- Cheese, grated
- Combine the eggs and water into a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients until the egg yolks and whites are mixed thoroughly.
- Heat a medium size frying pan over high heat for a short while. Add the butter to the pan. It should sizzle and foam if the pan is hot enough. Swirl the pan so the butter evenly coats the base. Do not allow the butter to burn and get brown.
- Pour egg mixture into hot pan. The egg will begin to solidify around the edges of the pan almost straight away. Use a wooden spoon to pull the edges of omelet so the uncooked egg can run to the sides and cook properly. You will know when the omelet is cooked when the egg no longer runs freely. The omelet will be lightly browned underneath.
- Spoon the filling (ham and cheese) over one side of the omelet. Use egg slide to fold the other side of the omelet covering filling, and slide onto serving plate.
- Serve the french omelet immediately with some herbs as garnish.