- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 1tbsp olive oil
- A couple of good knobs of butter
- 300-350g wild mushroom, cleaned
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g mild cheddar, grated
- Cut the mushrooms into even-sized pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with the butter and cook the mushrooms, garlic and spring onions on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, turning and seasoning them as they are cooking.
- Spoon them on to four of the slices of bread and top with the grated cheese and place the other slice on top.
- Grill on both sides for a minute or so, cut in half and serve.